Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Friday, October 19, 2007

Quote...


I think this one is on my facebook profile but it is always worth another look.
It is very raw and simple but has a great point to it. If any of you know me then you know that one of my biggest flaws is my inability to acknowledge my feelings, understand my feelings, express my feelings, and most importantly communicate my feelings with others. This quote, thereby holds significance in my life and when I read it, often times I find myself in consideration of the previously aforementioned flaws as well as the rest of my social, personal and spiritual ineptitudes.
I find it miraculous how so many things that have little or no connection to who I am, can spark up such divulgence and/or revelation. I wonder if there is a connection and I simply overlook it. What if there isn't though? What if these episodes of contemplation happen because they are meant to? Do I think about these things because they are what I need to change, strengthen, or get rid of all together? I think we all know those individual things about us that we need to change, but when do we get to the point in our lives where we actually go about changing them? Well, I am straying quite far from the purpose of this post which was simply to share this quote. That's just the way my mind works I suppose. So anyway, the quote...

How much has to be explored and discarded before reaching the naked flesh of feeling.
~Claude Debussy

No comments: