Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Diva Ultimate


I played with the OSU womens ultimate team for the first time today. It was so weird to play with a womens team that wasn't my womens team. I have nothing invested in it, no connection to the players. The last two years of my life have been mostly dedicated to helping build the CHS womens program. I know where I fit in with those girls. I know who to trust to always get open, get the D, and not drop the disc. I have to start all over here. The worst part is that I am the best player. I don't say that trying to be cocky but I am. Even better than the captain of the team. They have a coach whose name is Levi. He is nice but he is no Luke. I actually had to correct him on terminology of inside outs and outside ins. I find myself comparing the two (Luke and Levi) in my head. I need to just accept the fact that compared to Luke, everyone will always fall short. Compared to the CHS womens team, everyone will always fall short. The ladies are very nice though, and I look forward to turning this into a great experience. There are some girls with a lot of potential. I feel like I will be a real asset in both playing and teaching. I just have to make sure that I don't over step my boundaries.

1 comment:

Kimber Coles said...

Dont worry...ill probably be at OSU in a year...... and then we can reminisce of the CHS womens team/luke together.