
I played some really bad ultimate today. Really bad. It was so inconsistent, when I wasn't doing well it was like I had just learned how to play. Well actually, I only played bad offense, but I must emphasize how bad it was. My defense was great. I got 5 hand blocks and 3 more D's. My coach was yelling at me the whole time to... play better, play O like I was playing D, play better, focus, focus, focus. I was so unfocused. I had other things on my mind and I just couldn't draw it in. It was a lot like how my days have been going lately. It was a lot like life has been lately. I can play a great defense but not a great offense. I can't focus. Playing D is only half the game. It is impossible to win if you can't convert D's into good offense. You can't score points and you can't get ahead. Got to get the D and then get the break. I can't get the break. I can't convert. I can't really get ahead. I need to focus and not play shitty offense.
I'm sick of being injured. It makes playing so much harder. Being hurt makes playing the game so much more difficult. Just like life. Who would want to play if they knew the pain was just going to get worse? I shouldn't play through the pain. I should stop and heal and then come back 100%. hahah like that'll happen. I could play so much better if I did though. Damn!
Man I played some shit ass offensive ultimate today. I felt so off keel. Hopefully Wednesday will be better. Hopefully I'll be a little more consistent. More focused.
I am such a fucking nerd. I just wrote out an entire ultimate analogy for my life. GROSS! I can't believe that. Sorry if you don't play ultimate and this makes no sense.

8 comments:
You're going to need to step it up if you expect to play on a mixed alum team in the summer...
If only you knew how much I've been struggling in ultimate. I want to die!!!! I haven't sucked this bad since I started.
I played shitty yesterday too.
You need to watch some old highlight reels, then go to the gym. Also use some pump up music. A little Jay-Z, some T.I. Jay knows what I'm talking about. Top it off with Muse for old time's sake.
Of course, I rarely follow my own advice here. But when I do it works well.
Utilize that best student rec center in the nation!
Hm, that sounded a lot like I just used the word utilize in a pep talk. What a nerd.
hahah thanks collin.
Collin, you're not a nerd. Because you're wayyyyy to hot.
Remember to take the disc in, before your release, and that you have more than one option, both up and down field. I know that you can get back into the swing of it. I love you, my sister
haha you should see me run now.... i will also go on the track of giving advice but often being able to follow it (like that nerd collin): "patience!" (that's all she wrote) actually no don't do that. be frustrated as hell! actually don't do that either. spend a day on your ass so that when you do go out and exercise... it's very pleasurable. teehee.
you know, it also helps if you go into the gym at the same time when the men are aplenty and looking to show off for the ladies. so with your complete body covering.... pick up the 5 pound dumbell, sit back, and enjoy the view. haha!!!! i could say i'm kidding, but i'm not. it's really a funny sport. of courswe when YOU start pumping those 45s... the guys might sit back and watch you. teehee. ohh why don't i go lift anymore??? such fun. (i almost had a typo that said "suck fun" oddly veru inappropriate for what i was just talking about)
haha. good luck. ultimate loves you so there's no way it's leaving you, ever.
Post a Comment