Today myself, Kate and three other group members went on a local tv stations live broadcast to give information on the situation in Darfur. It was a wonderful feeling to be able to spread the word about the genocide in Darfur, I can only hope that it inspired someone to take action. It was a very interesting experience and I am glad I did it, despite the extreme anxiety and nervousness I had before going on the show.
If you haven't been there yet, you should visit savedarfur.org

Part two... the opposite sex:
I am so disenchanted with men and relationships right now, it is astounding. Somehow I have managed to acquire the longest running list of awkward relationships with men, ever know to mankind. BLAH!!! GRRRR!!! That is really all I can manage to say right now. Here is why...
Today when we showed up at the studio to run the Darfur segment there was a very cute guy there. We kind of caught each other's eye but didn't have time for introductions before the show. During the show (which was LIVE I should remind you), he flirted quite blatantly. I flirted back. There was obvious "checking each other out". After the show he was busy wrapping things up and Kate and I left. On the way out we caught each others eye yet again, he nodded and I smiled.
I was super stoked about meeting a nice, funny, smart guy.
I get back to my room and look him up on facebook. First thing I look for is whether or not he is single. YES, he's single. Next thing I look at is how old he is.
NO NO NO NO NOOOOO. He is 26. Why in the hell is he 26? Why am I only 19? What the hell? Am I really just not meant to work things out with someone that I'm attracted to. Am I bound to be single forever and end up some old lady with no husband, lots of pets, a funny smell and saggy boobs?!?!?!?!
AHHHHHHHH!
If I were like 21, I wouldn't think that 7 years is too much. But now, I'm not so sure. It seems like people of that age difference would just be in different places in their lives. So I'm thinking it isn't worth the risk and I won't be trying to contact him. Maybe I'm being smart about the whole thing, and maybe I'm just a no-ball pansy loser.
AHHHHHHH!
I know that I am being extremely hyper-dramatic right now, but sometimes it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and hope is a little less tangible.

4 comments:
Hahaha So i was only skimming the writing and ummm... i was like 26 and then i was like.. maybe? But then i went to Luke's face book and he is 2 years older than him.. so i was like Nope.. ahah aJust kidding.. Love ya!
i missed you. and so i found you on here. joy! i loved your post on relationships...I kinda sorta really extremely share that with ya. guys are weird...why cant we find a good one? haha...but cool blog. ;-)
age should never be barrier to love someone
hey, you - funny how relationships work. just last week, the guy I prefer over most was telling me, "oh emma, i bet lots of guys want to ask you out, etc." And unfortunately, I have been asked out by five or six since the beginning of the school year, but I keep saying "NO!" (politely) because I prefer this particular one person. And he just doesn't see it in the same way.
So, the one you want can be right in front of you and you still don't get to be with them.
BUT.... I am content to be single until God brings me someone that ADORES me just as much as I ADORE them.
And I know you can expect the same, because the same God loves us both equally and he gives good gifts to those he loves.
Post a Comment