Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back in the groove.

This is the second week back at school and it doesn't feel like I just had a month off. All in all, I'm glad to be back.
Classes are ok. I was taking 19 credits hoping that it would help my chances of transferring sooner, but after the first day which included 8 hours of 5 classes, I quit that business. So now I'm taking sixteen credits, playing lots of ultimate, organizing another benefit concert and gearing up for another coaching season. Woot woot!
I've done a lot of reflecting on the events and things of winter break. I don't quite now what to think.

So, about my friends ...
I don't understand them. Most of them anyway. I don't get why "The Circle" feeds so much on drama. It's like people go around searching for it. I say no thank you! There was a little bit of light shed on who my friends are, how they act/interact, and where I fall in the dysfunctional, illegitimate hierarchy. Yet again, I was surprised and humbled. I have to say that some of my friends aren't so attractive in the light.
I'm ok with it all though. What happened happened. I still care about them even if I respect them a little less. I don't want drama. I don' t need it. So if I get the opportunity to hang out with friends and know that it won't make a nasty little cameo, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'll pass.
I so did not mean for this post to be this long. I think I will go and try to memorize my Julius Caesar monologue.

Funky fresh!

1 comment:

James!! said...

Haha this post is awesome from the inside/middle/outside of this alleged circle. I feel you though on drinking/drama being bullshit. Good luck in Vegas by the way! Woo hoo!