A couple of days after I first moved in she started to steal my toilet paper. Then I noticed that I had gone through an inordinate amount of peanut butter two weeks ago and couldn't understand how. Then I came home from class and my peanut butter lid was off, my spoon was moved and my peanut butter had been eaten by someone other than me. It wasn't my roommate. A couple days after the peanut butter my friend across the hall caught the cleaning lady stealing her clothes pins. Then my other friend told me that her peanut butter had been eaten too. We came to the conclusion that it was the cleaning lady but who cares it's peanut butter right.

Then the plot thickens...
On the day they were supposed to be waxing our floors TCL (The Cleaning Lady) spend all morning eating her breakfast, drinking tea and napping on the floor. It wasn't until I needed in my room after class that she decided she needed to work. She came in and asked me what I was doing. I told her I'd be out very quickly, I just needed to grab a peice of paper. Then she stood at the door, tapped her foot at me and says, "I'm waiting for you, you know". I couldn't believe it. Then two hours later, after my other class, I came back to get lunch from my room thinking she'd be done. WRONG! I walked in and she was sitting drinking more tea. So I went in my room to have lunch, she came in after me and told me I couldn't be there because that day was her cleaning day. She told me to go eat lunch outside. I asked if she could work on one of the other six rooms in the wing while I eat lunch and I'd be out in 10 minutes. She got very sassy and very rude and asked how long I'd be. I told her agian that it would only take me 10 minutes. She huffed and went and sat back down instead of cleaning the other rooms.
Apparently I really pissed her off because a couple of days ago I noticed that 70 pula (Botswana currency) and $20 were missing off my desk. I asked my roommate about it and she said it for sure wasn't her or anyone she had over. So... either TCL took it or she left the door open and someone came into my room and took the money from my desk. (Shit gets stolen here all the time if you don't close and lock your doors. I have to lock all my valuable things like computer, camera and Ipod in the closet). Either way, TCL's fault.
I'm not really that upset about the money or the peanut butter or toilet paper. I'm upset that I have to lock up all my food and possesions from my clepto cleaning lady. I'm upset that she sits on her fat butt all day long right outside my room and does nothing. I'm upset that everytime I walk into my common area she glares at me. I have decided that my retaliation will be to be so over the top nice to her that it kills her. I've even considered buying a jar of peanut butter and leaving her a note saying it's for her. We'll see how things work out.

No comments:
Post a Comment