So I'm all moved into my dorm. I have an amazing Japanese exchange student as a roommate. Her name is Maki. She is very cool and is teaching me Japanese.
The dorms here are pretty ghetto not going to lie. I have to shower before 7:30 in the morning if I want hot water. My internet didn't work for a couple weeks and there are cockroaches. BIG ONES!!! We have to hang dry our laundry here as well. Kind of funny. I'm still really enjoying it here though. I kind of just wish I had a mini fridge and stove. That would make things perfect. The cafeteria food isn't bad it just gets old after eating the same thing everyday.
I really like all the other exchange students. They are very interesting. We are all going on a safari this weekend. We aslo get to go to a traditional cheif court and to a couple of villages outside of Gaborone. I'm very excited. I'll put pictures up when I get back.
So far we haven't really done too much. We hiked the tallest peak here called Kgahi Hill. It was a really great hike, and very beautiful. There were wild baboons running around during our hike so that was neat. They didn't get close enough for me to get a good picture but hopefully after the safari this weekend I'll have pics of the big five to put of for people to check out.
I've been given the Setswana name Pula. It means rain! I thought it was pretty fitting.



2 comments:
Hey Aubri!
It's good to hear about your adventures. Keep posting!
dorms again! :) haha love and miss u...
Post a Comment