So here are just a couple of stories, tidbits and what nots that have happened while being here...
The other day my friends and I were having some drinks in a restaurant called Lingo Langa. I was wearing my scarf over my head. The man sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder and then asked me... (and I'm completely serious) "Are you a terrorist?".
I told him that I wasn't and he asked me if I was sure because he didn't want to get bombed and that my scarf was freaking him out.
My prose teacher got upset at an imaginary student and walked out of class today after showing up 20 minutes late and only being there for 5 minutes.
The same prose teacher last week said, "The word diction is in the word dictionary, so a dictionary is basically like a word bank." That was the most idiotic thing I've ever heard a college professor say.
They have these things called fat cakes here. They are delicious balls of fried dough. Like a doughnut only heavier and with no sugar. You can't eat more than one with out getting sick and you always get a food baby. So a couple days ago after we'd eaten them my friend looks at me and says, "I wish you could abort a food baby". My response was that you could it was called pooping. Then without missing a beat she said, "No, that's pretty much a full term, a food baby abortion would be throwing it up". haha. Good stuff.
Went to the bar the other night and 10 exchange students got their phones stolen.
I've been proposed to 6 times and some guy asked me if I wanted to be his baby mama. No lie.
I've got some more winners that I'll post later.
Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment