Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Maggie Bear

I have a temporary house mate. Her name is Maggie bear and she is my brothers dog.
My brother and his girlfriend of almost two years just broke up. He couldn't afford their apartment on his own (housing in southern cali is freaking ridiculously expensive!!!) so he had to move back to his marine base where he unfortunately can't have a dog. My nana was supposed to take her but now there is some sort of mix up and she can't come get her. I can't afford to take her up to Portland because that means fixing my car. So I'm stuck with Maggie for about 3 days.

The thing about having a dog...
I'm not allowed to have pets in my apartment. Unfortunately when you feed and water a dog it subsequently has to pee and poop so I have to somehow keep her underwraps for the next 3 or so days so that I don't get in trouble with my landlord. She poops after she eats and she eats twice a day. Thats 6 poop trips outside add on probably another 6 pee trips and a long walk or a run each day and you get a balk park estimate of 15 high risk trips outside. This is going to be tough.

The thing about Maggie bear...
This dog is spoiled something crazy. She is a staffordshire terrier and she's only about 9 months old. She has tons of energy and hasn't had a lot of obedience training (thanks to my stupid brother). On top of that she is a little freaked out about all this changing and traveling. I've been back in my apartment for an hour and a half and just got her calmed down. She is very smart though. and very very sweet. I really like her. Lets just hope I can pull this off. It would be great if I could find a way to get her to poop on command. She hasn't pooped in two days and I don't want her taking a fatty dukey in my apartment. ugh.

1 comment:

kayleejoy said...

hhahaa, oh aubri, good luck. cleaning up poop inside is no fun.