Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This blog has a new dedication.... FUGUE!

I transferred to Oregon and tried out for the womens team Fugue. They are a national contending team. I made it and since there isn't much else going on in my life (in a good way, for now) this will pretty much just consist of fugue updates.

First update- The first tourny of winter term was the Bellingham invite in Washington. It was not UPA sanctioned (to the best of my knowledge). We won that tournament pretty easily with UW being our toughest competition and by UW I really just mean Shannon O'malley and Lindsay Wilson. Scores as follows...
Oregon-PLU 13-0
-UW 13-10
-UBC W-L (don't know the score sorry)
-Western 13-2

Second update- Pres day invite!!!!
WE WON IT BABY!!!!!

This was a huge tournament to win. Last year Oregon went to nationals with out any big tourny championships under their belt. This year is so not last year. Pres day hosts some of the top teams in the nation and is a very very early look at some of the teams that might end up at nationals. The entire weekend was a great achievment for Fugue but the two games that stand out the most are the Wisconsin game and the Santa Barbara game. Oregon has never won a game against Wisco and Santa Barbara kicked Fugue out of the running at semis last year at nationals.
The following scores are all wins for Oregon...
UCLA- 13-5
Claremont 13-2
Stanford 10-8
Wisconsin 12-7
Santa-Cruz 13-1 (according to score reporter but I remembered them having a higher score than that. I could be wrong)
Carleton 13-3
USC 13-9
UW 13-11
Santa Barbara 12-10

Our next tournament is Stanford. First weekend in March I think.

No comments: