This weekend I went to Victoria Falls. It is one of the natural wonders of the world. It was absolutely amazing. One of the most beautiful things I could ever hope to see, and it wasn't even at full water capacity. I wish I'd been able to go when it was closer to 100% rather than 20% capacity. We stayed at this really nice place called shoestrings backpackers hostel. Very cool. We walked around town, when on a booze cruise where we got to see hippos and crocodiles and drink gin and tonic. The next day we went to the falls and walked the park. It was absolutely amazing. But very hot. After the park, 6 out of the 7 in my group all decided to go bungee jumping from the Vic Falls bridge that connects Zimbabwa to Zambia. The jump is 111 meters. So about 330 ft. It is the third highest in the world. I was the least scared of the 6 of us. I was mostly just so excited. My excitement made me so nervous. That and the fact that the guys that operated it kept telling jokes about how I was going to die and what my last words were going to be. It made it fun though so I didn't mind. I have never felt a rush like that before. As soon as my feet left the platform there were no more nerves, just this stranges sense of bliss brought on by the feeling of free falling hundreds of feet. By far the coolest thing I've ever done!




No comments:
Post a Comment