Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

schwa

I've pretty much just been working and playing for schwa. Thats all.

We scrimmaged the Australia nationals team on Wednesday in order to help them prep for Worlds. We lost, and it was exactly that... we lost rather than they won. They played up to our level and we didn't play to our full potential. I normally am fine with the amount of play time that I get but I wasn't for this game. I didn't play much and it was frustrating. One point I went on I specifically got taken off because we had too many handlers on and I was the youngest. Oh, yeah, I handle on schwa. It's a little weird. I'm what they call the "play maker". It's my job to keep the disc moving and not screw up. woo hoo. I miss cutting. I was told that they would ideally have me as a cutter because I've got great field sense and can throw but my knees prevent me from playing in that position. It's a little disheartening. I have found out though that I love to handle against a zone. I'm pretty good at it I guess.
So back to Australia, we took them out to dinner at some nice restaurant. That one dinner cost more than I spend on food in a week. It was a lot of fun to get to hang out with them though. They are a great, spirited group of women. One of the girls on my team tried to hook one of them up with another girl on my team. Pretty funny.

Went and watched Thompson High play Germany, Rhino play Thompson High and then Rhino play Germany. It was a lot of fun. I got to take pictures and film for all the games. It was great ultimate. Rhino beat Thompson High which was very exciting considering the history.

I think if Schwa and rhino both keep working really hard, then both teams with have great things in store for them. Like nationals in a few years. It would be great if it could happen this year but I doubt it. Maybe for Rhino, and maybe for us if we work our asses off.

I'm off to play some more ultimate.
love.

No comments: