Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

Monday, April 7, 2008

A little uplifting

So, after about a week of me playing some super super awful ultimate, and getting to the point where I was so burnt out on it that I didn't want to go to sectionals, I finally had a redeeming moment today. I got a callahan!!!! I needed it so so badly. I can't even explain. I played really badly in our game against the alumni women. On offense I made bad decisions and just couldn't pull it in. On defense I was always half of a half of a second away from skying or d-ing the crap out of some girls but again just couldn't get it. So once that game was over we finished practice with a scrimmage. Despite being tired and injured I decided I was going to work as hard as I could until either I had an asthma attack that killed me or my hamstring bled out. And then, dun dah duh.... I got a CALLAHAN! It felt so good. I haven't been that happy or excited in sooo long. After that I played much better and started to find the game again. Not fully mind you, but a little. I'm still hoping the rest of the game comes back to me before sectionals this weekend. Man I need to drill this in. Focus. I'm pretty sure my coach wanted to kick me in the face before I got the callahan thats how bad I've been. I could just tell he wanted to cut me, but he didn't. Redemption. WOOT WOOT!!

3 comments:

Lukester said...

if your coach wants or has wanted to cut you, he (it is a he, right?) is an idiot.

autumn said...

I agree with LUke. Also, I miss you terribly. If you get bored or have some free time you should call me some time. I can't wait to see you this summer! I hope that you are well, I am sending my love.

Gregorous_Maximus said...

hooray for exaggerations.