
Last night there was a Lunar eclipse. I went with a couple of friends to watch it. We got there a little early and so killed some time by watching random youtube videos on Jay's iphone. I have to say I have never seen Jay laugh that hard. He was more laughing at Ginny than the clip he was watching but it didn't matter. We got a little cold so the boys ran to get some blankets.
By the time they got back the eclipse had just started. We layed out the blankets and lay under the sky. Huddled together for warmth, we sat and watched. To help pass the time a little, because eclipses take a surprising long time, Ginny and Greg resorted to quoting nearly every funny part of Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. We were all laughing outrageously. Greg and I even got Ginny started on "thats what she said".
The moon was enchanting. It turned a spectacular orange-ish brown color as the shadow of the earth moved across it. It was a remarkable contrast to the brilliant white that the moon usually radiates. Truly one of the wonderful phenomena in life.
All in all, last night was perfect. Even though I was spending one of the last moments with two people that I have to say goodbye to, and whom I absolutely adore, I wasn't sad. I was content to sit out under the sky, witnessing something so rare, and laughing to nearly the point of tears. My abs hurts from laughing so much. Ginny and I even got to spoon to conserve body heat.
You know those moments that you occasionally are blessed to have, that revitalize your faith in all things. Life, love, friendship, happiness, and God. The ones that you wouldn't trade anything else for in the world. Last night was one of those nights. I thank the people that I got to share it with. I feel refreshed. I know that this is actually going to help me with having to say goodbye to Jay and Ginny. It will be hard but I am content just loving them, no matter how far away they are. That goes for all my friends that have already left and the ones that won't.

4 comments:
Sounds like an amazing and perfect night. God is good.
blast aubri.... you made my throat close up with the approaching grief. :( but it was a good summary note of reflection of the fun events of that night. :) i'm glad you didn't mention my "troubles" getting up and down the roof... ;) love and hugs my dear friend!
Aubri - I feel priveleged to hear/read about your love/gratitude towards God. I loved hearing your prayers and your reflections during the mission trip. And to read your recent blogs about the dreams and opportunities that God has opened up before you.
When you get to OSU, I really encourage you to get connected to a Christian group someplace. College groups can be some of the best places to develop friendships and have REALLY GOOD, deep and encouraging conversations with other people about faith. And when you find a really good group of people, you can be honest about doubts and struggles,etc.
God has his hand on you, and will not remove it. That means he'll always be with you.
You make me smile, thanks for being you.
I really miss you guys a lot! That night was fun, even though I was asleep for some of it.
Post a Comment